Our annual Red Ribbon celebration is here! Are you ready?
Due to the nationwide pandemic and social distancing guidelines, this year's celebration will look a little differently than the ones in the past.
But there are still plenty of ways you can celebrate Red Ribbon and being drug free virtually with your schools and your communities. Check out a few ideas below:
- Post Red Ribbon Week fact cards on your social media to let your followers know the facts.
- Display red ribbons around your home.
- Create a PSA about Red Ribbon Week and living life drug free to share on social media.
Your School Can:
- Have a drive-up party and decorate your car with red ribbons and balloons and drive through your neighborhood or school parking lot with friends.
- Sponsor a virtual Red Ribbon Week activity (e.g., fun run; bike-a-thon; bookmark, poster, or essay contest; classroom door decorating contest).
- Incorporate drug prevention facts and tips in your school-wide announcements and websites throughout Red Ribbon Week.
- Have a virtual Red Ribbon Rally with performances by local talent or school groups.
- Do a virtual drug prevention and refusal skills presentation for your classmates.
- Start a Red Ribbon Week Club that meets via online regularly to promote drug prevention throughout the year.
- Incorporate Operation Prevention classroom resources into your curriculum.