What is it?
General, short-acting anesthetic with hallucinogenic effects. Sometimes used to facilitate sexual assault crimes.
Special K, Cat Valium, Kit Kat, K, Super Acid, Super K, Purple, Special La Coke, Jet, Vitamin K
How it is Taken
- Liquid mixed with liquids
- Powder that is snorted, mixed in drinks, or smoked
How does it affect the body?
- Hallucinations, which last 30-60 minutes
- Distorts sights and sounds
- Induces feelings of calmness and relaxation, relief from pain
- Immobility and amnesia
- Body feels out of control
- Agitation, depression, unconsciousness
FACT SHEET: Read more about ketamine (pdf)