What is it?
Semi-synthetic opioid drug prescribed for pain as Tylox®, Percodan®, OxyContin®. Derived from the poppy plant, has high potential for abuse.
Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC, Ox, Roxy, Perc, Oxy
How it is Taken
- Pills and tablets chewed or swallowed
- Inhaling vapors by heating tablet on foil
- Crushed and sniffed or dissolved in water and injected
How does it affect the body?
- Feelings of relaxation, euphoria, pain relief
- Chronic use of oxycodone with acetaminophen may cause severe liver damage
- Overdose may lead to coma and possible death
FACT SHEET: Read more about Oxycodone (pdf)